Apologizes in advance for the lack of pictures. I wasn’t planning on putting the recipe up because I wasn’t sure how they’d turn out, but they were honestly SO good and easy too!!
- 8 soft flour tortillas (I got the burrito size)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups shredded and cooked chicken (recommendation: use rotisserie chicken, it’s much easier)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese – divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4oz can diced green chilies (don’t freak out, these aren’t spicy at all!)
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Grease 9×13 pan ( I recommend using a glass dish, personal preference )
- Combine shredded chicken and 1 cup shredded cheese
- In a medium size sauce pan, melt butter completely and then stir in flour and cook 1 minute. It’s going to be very thick and if you’re like me, you’ll totally think you’ve messed up the whole recipe, but you haven’t! Go ahead and add your chicken broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Take off heat and let sit for 2-3 minutes before mixing in your sour cream and chilies. Be sure it is not to hot or your sour cream will crud. If this happens, whisk vigorously until it smooths.
- Pour all of your mixture over enchiladas and add remaining cheese to top. You can add a bit more if you’d like. 😉
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes. Broil for 3-4 minutes to brown the cheese.
Aaron loved this recipe and it’s definitely one that will be added to our dinner menu. If you give it a try, let me know how you like it!
Also, Happy Birthday to our furry friend, Max! He’s 4 today! He’ll get a special treat tonight and extra spoiling! 🙂